pgAdmin is the popular open source (free) administrative tool to interact with PostgreSQL database. PgAdmin can be used on Linux, Solaris, Mac OSX and windows platforms to manage the PostgreSQL database that is 7.3 and above. This is also compatible with the any derived version of PostgreSQL such as Greenplum database. It’s graphical user interface is very easy to use and supports all the features of PostgreSQL. Since it comes with drivers, no additional drivers are required to communicate with the database server. Please follow following steps to install pgAdmin in windows.
- Go to http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/pgadmin3/release/v1.20.0/win32/
- Download .zip file
- Unzip the file
- Run pgadmin3.msi. Default installation is ok unless you know what are you doing.
- Launch the pgAdmin once you finish instaling just to check that everything is ok.
- If it launched, add the database server by clicking on plug button. Please provide all information.
- Now, you are go to go…
You might encounter trouble when you try to launch the pgAdmin tool once you installed it. You might see following error message.
If you see above error, You should follow following steps to resolve this error message:
- Go to http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
- Once download completes, launch pgAdmin again file
- You should be able to run pgAdmin this time without any error file